Great news! We have a fan of our hack for adding an attendance roster to a Blackboard course. He wanted to know how to copy his current Google Doc roster, make edits, and add it to a new Blackboard course. I am happy to report that the process is quite easy.
Here are the steps for duplicating your current roster and adding it to Blackboard.
- Open your Google spreadsheet.
- Select from the menu File -> Make a copy…
- Give it a new name and click OK button.
- Make necessary adjustments to your spreadsheet.
- Copy the URL of the spreadsheet through the word edit, e.g., https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oic47nEqivuf6ZnI1GPiMMpXWZxwxoVdC60bMOkTkTo/edit
Add link to Blackboard
- Return to your Blackboard course.
- Mouse over the “+” sign on the upper left corner of your course, and select Web Link.
- Add title.
- Paste in URL.
- Leave Available to users unchecked.
- Click Submit button.
You now have a fresh attendance roster ready for your course. If you have questions, please contact me.