Good news! We now have a building block that will allow you to link to LinkedIn Learning (formerly Liynda.com) courses from within your Blackboard course. LinkedIn Learning is a great resource to gain knowledge and skills on a myriad of topics. Rather than suck up time in your course to teach students how to use a piece of software, point them to LinkedIn Learning.
For this very quick process, here are the steps you need.
1. Navigate to Blackboard Course.
2. Navigate to the location where you want the LinkedIn Learning course.
3. Select Partner Content then Content Market.
4. If you do not see LinkedIn Learning listed, click on the Browse all content providers link. Select the LinkedIn Learning button once listed.
5. Enter a search query in the field provided, and click on the Search button.
6. Check the box for the course(s) you wish to add. Finally, Click on the Submit button at the bottom of the page.
7. Next, you will confirm the selection. Check the destination folder to ensure it is correct and select the checkboxes for the courses. Finally, click on the Submit button.
The course should now be added to your Blackboard course. If you wish to add Statistics Tracking and Review Status, you will need to turn it on. You can do this by clicking on the Items Options Menu and then Statistics Tracking (On/Off) and Set Review Status (Disabled) links.
Toggle the on/off switch to the position you wish and click on the Submit button.
When students click on the link, they will be taken to the course. They may be required to log in with their username and password.
That is all there is to adding a LinkedIn Learning course to your Blackboard course. Naturally, if you have questions please contact a member of the TEI team.
- Adding Merlot Resources to Your Blackboard Course
- Adding JCC Library Resources to Your Blackboard Course