Good news! We now have a building block that will allow you to link to Lynda.com course from within your Blackboard course. Lynda.com is a great resource to gain knowledge and skills on a myriad of topics. Rather than suck up time in your course to teach students how to use a piece of software, point them to Lynda.com.
For this very quick process, here are the steps you need.
1. Navigate to Blackboard Course.
2. Navigate to the location where you want the Lynda.com course.
3. Select Build Content then lynda.com Course.
4. Enter a search query in the field provided, and click on the Search button.
5. Click on the +Add button for the course you wish to add.
6. Finally, click on the Save button.
The course should now be added to your Blackboard course. If you wish to add Statistics Tracking, you will need to turn it on. You can do this by clicking on the Items Options Menu and then Statistics Tracking (On/Off) link.
Toggle the on/off switch to the position you wish and click on the Submit button.
When students click on the link, they will be taken to the course. They are required to log in with their username and password.
That is all there is to adding a Lynda.com course to your Blackboard course. Naturally, if you have questions please contact a member of the TEI team.
- Adding Merlot Resources to Your Blackboard Course
- Adding JCC Library Resources to Your Blackboard Course