MERLOT is the Multimedia Educational Resource for Learning and Online Teaching. As MERLOT notes on their Website, “MERLOT is a curated collection of free and open online teaching, learning, and faculty development services contributed and used by an international education community.”
MERLOT has over 40,000 objects arranged in 20 different types to include animations, case studies, quizzes, presentations, and more. You can not easily include these resources in your courses.
With the MERLOT Search, you can bring wonderful resources into your Blackboard course. Here are the steps:
1. Navigate to Blackboard Course.
2. Navigate to the location where you want reading lists.
3. Select Tools and then MERLOT Search.
4. Enter a search query in the field provided and click on the Go button. Note: Be patient, it may take some time to generate the list.
5. Check the checkboxes for the resources you want to include and then click on Insert Links button.
6. If you wish to track usage, you will have to turn on tracking for each item. Begin by selecting the menu just to the right of the item name.
7. Click on Edit link from the menu provided.
8. Scroll down the page and select the Yes option for Track Number of Views. Then click on the Submit button.
This is a great way to include useful, scholarly materials in your class. If you have questions, please contact a member of the TEI team.