We recently installed a Blackboard Leaderboard course module that you can use in your courses. At a glance, this module can let students know where they stand in the class.
Leaderboards are tools that have been used for decades in gaming and education. There are pros and cons for using these tools, and I encourage you to consider how you plan to use it in your classroom.
Gamegogy Blackboard Leaderboard
The Gamegogy Blackboard Leaderboard simply shows a bar graph ranked by the scoring column you choose. From the instructor’s perspective, you will see a list of student names. From the student’s perspective, they will see their position against an anonymous listing of students.
The leaderboard also allows you to create a list of levels. Students will be able to see where they sit in relation to the levels.
The course module is visible from the “home” Blackboard page.
Adding the Gamegogy Blackboard Leaderboard to Your Course
Installing and configuring this course module is quite easy.
Installing the Blackboard Leaderboard module
- Log into your course.
- Click on the Home menu link.
- Click on the Add Course Module button.
- Click on the Add button for the Gamegogy Leaderboard 1.4
- Click on the Home menu link and reposition the course module.
Configuring the Module
- Click on the Setting button in the upper right corner of the module (It looks like a gear sprocket).
- Make adjustments to the Primary Bar Color, Plotbands Points (levels), and Grade Column used for the measurement.
- Click on the Submit button.
For more information about gamification elements, check out these related articles:
If you need help installing and configuring this course module, please contact a member of the TEI team.