The Blackboard Retention Center is a student performance dashboard. With the retention center, you can quickly see which students are excelling and which students need some additional attention.
The retention center basically tracks:
- Students at risk.
- Special rules you have created.
- The instructor’s course activity (only available to the instructor).
As an instructor, you can set up specific rules, and add them to the four default rules on the risk matrix. Rules can be established for deficient and exceptional performance. There are four basic rule types:
- Course activity
- Course access
- Missed deadlines
With census coming up, this is a great time to look at your course’s retention center to see who needs some extra attention.
Here are some additional resources to help you better understand this powerful tool:
- Blackboard Help – Using the Retention Center
- NIU – Blackboard Retention Center Quick Guide (PDF)
- Purdue – What is Blackboard Learn’s Retention Center?
If you have questions about the retention center, please ask us.