How do I drop the lowest score(s) from a set of scores in my Blackboard Grade Center?
At some point, you might wish to drop the lowest or highest score within a category of graded items.
For example, consider that your course has five assignments and you would like for the Grade Center to automatically drop each student’s lowest score from their final score calculations. This would mean only the four assignments with the highest scores are counted toward the final grades.
In order for a lowest score or scores to be dropped from a student’s grades, you must create a Category in the Grade Center for the assessments that will be dropped.
- From the Grade Center, edit or create a Total or Weighted Column. One of each is included by default in the Grade Center. To edit the column, click the round drop down arrow next to the column name.
- In the Selected Columns section, select each category that will have assignments dropped and move to the Selected Columns box by clicking the bottom right-pointing arrow.
- In the Selected Columns box, enter the number of grades to be dropped from that category
- Select the remaining assessments in the Columns to Select box and move to the right by clicking the top right-pointing arrow. Note: Do not include the columns associated with a selected category, as this will include the points twice in the Total calculation
- Click Submit when finished. Visit link for more information on managing categories, columns and dropping lowest grades.