JCC Faculty Instructions
To claim your stipend, you must verify the completion of courses no later than August 18, 2020, via this Google form.
LinkedIn Learning Courses
If you are a JCC instructor, these resources will help you build out your courses. To gain access, go to MyJCC, click on the LinkedIn Learning button, and search for the course title.
- 💡 Blackboard 9.x Essential Training: Instructors (6h 52m) – This is a LinkedIn Learning course. You will need to first access LinkedIn Learning from the MyJCC page.
- Blackboard Learn Help for Instructors – Blackboard tutorials for common instructor questions.
- 💡 Google Drive Essential Training (1h 21m) – This is a LinkedIn Learning course to help you use Google Drive.
- 💡 Google Docs Essential Training (1h 36m) – This is a LinkedIn Learning course to help you use Google Docs.
- 💡 Learning Zoom (45m 11s) – This is a LinkedIn Learning course to help you use Zoom for class meetings. Note: The free account should satisfy your classroom needs. Renee Funke has created a wonderful set of instructions for her students on how to set up and use the free account.
- Teaching Techniques: Making Accessible Learning (50m) – This is a LinkedIn Learning course focusing on creating accessible content for your classes.
- Teaching Techniques: Blended Learning (1h 37m) – This is a LinkedIn Learning course that provides multiple strategies for using technology in a blended course.
- Teaching Techniques: Project-Based Learning (41m) – This is a LinkedIn Learning course that focuses on the basics of introducing project-based learning in your classroom.
- OSCQR – This set of resources will help you ensure that your online courses are learner-centered and well-designed.
Email Delivered Courses (Descriptions)
One message is delivered each day of the course. Approximate time to read content and watch videos is noted for each course.
- What is Accessibility? (AC) – (8 days) (approx. 1h 5m)
- Accessibility for Blackboard (ABC) – (8 days) (approx. 40m)
- Accessibility for Documents (ADC) – (12 days) (approx. 1h 30m without final videos, approx. 3h 30m with final videos)
- Accessibility for Video (AVC) – (7 days) (Approx. 45m without @ONE video, approx. 1h 46m with all content)
- Humanizing Online Teaching & Learning Course – (24 days)(Approx. 3h)
- Multimedia Learning Course (MLC) – (12 days) (Approx. 1h 22m)
- No Stress Start-Up Course (NSS) – (5 days) (approx. 45m)
- Creating and Adopting Open Educational Resources and Textbooks – (16 days) (Approx. 2h 11m)
- Quality User Experience (QUE) Course – (18 days)
- Universal Design for Learning (UDL) Course – (14 days)
Open SUNY Web-based Course
Summer 2020 Learning Opportunities
A recording will be available after the session.
Quality Review Standards
- Quality Online Course 1 – Overview and Information | Review of research to set your course on the right path by providing students with essential course information. Recording – https://youtu.be/2QHelakpGGA Guide: https://bit.ly/oscqr1guide
- Quality Online Course 2 – Technology and Tools | Strategies for reducing student frustration by providing the necessary supports regarding tools and technologies used in the course. Recording – https://youtu.be/mqv_axsg2Ms Guide: https://bit.ly/2XGwaVc
- Quality Online Course 3 – Design and Layout | Review of methods for ensuring content that you include in a course is accessible by all students. Recording – https://youtu.be/Gjz2rjvtX8M Guide: https://bit.ly/3dDysLk
- Quality Online Course 4 – Content and Activities | Review of content and activities that are better suited for online courses. Recording – https://youtu.be/toys-mTHotU
- Quality Online Course 5 – Interaction | Review ideas and strategies for humanizing an online course. Recording – https://youtu.be/wNZmeZfGZ5c Guide: https://bit.ly/37UXZh7
- Quality Online Course 6 – Assessment and Feedback | Review of techniques and strategies for improving online assessments and feedback. Recording – https://youtu.be/eJl8SM69KEg Guide: https://bit.ly/31zRKhy
- Faculty Four for Accessibility Development 1 – Blackboard Ally | An introduction to Blackboard Ally to include adding to the course, a review of the reports, and how to address different issues. Recording – https://youtu.be/xny_3OnfoEA
- Faculty Four for Accessibility Development 2 – Blackboard Content Formatting and Alternative Text | Review of the principles necessary for developing accessible content in a web-based environment like Blackboard. Recording – https://youtu.be/-tPjEwnH-QE
- Faculty Four for Accessibility Development 3 – Document Formatting | Review of principles for developing accessible documents in Word. Recording – https://youtu.be/b55twvjSfjA
- Faculty Four for Accessibility Development 4 – Captions and Transcripts | Review how to create transcripts and closed captions for videos and audio files. Recording – https://youtu.be/GWduZKb825o
Teaching with Zoom
- Teaching with Zoom 1 – Zoom Instruction Basics | Explore strategies for setting up your Zoom classroom, Using the speaking, polling, and writing features, and Zoom classroom management. Recording – https://youtu.be/4wfoa40foTw
- Teaching with Zoom 2 – Working in Groups | Learn how to create breakout groups using zoom as well as employing strategies to make them productive. Recording – https://youtu.be/73tvqJupNSA
- Teaching with Zoom 3 – Presenting Content on Zoom | Explore how to effectively present content with Zoom and pitfalls to avoid. Recording – https://youtu.be/0JnxcXXEeNo
- Teaching with Zoom 4 – Annotating in a Zoom Classroom | Explore different options for annotating in a Zoom classroom. Recording – https://youtu.be/b4mzZ4bEfvM
These presentations were sponsored by the Buffalo-Niagara Chapter of the Association for Talent Development.
Improving Your PowerPoint Presentations | Have you ever seen PowerPoint presentations that were basically all the instructor notes or so much text it’s like reading a book? When most people create a PowerPoint presentation, they are actually hampering learning. We will explore how to improve your presentation to maximize learning and understanding from your audience. At the end of the presentation, participants will be able to: explain why this method of presentation aids learning, develop PowerPoint presentations that help learning, and use principles to deliver better presentations. Recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSUShm6b-p0
Wednesday, 12 August 2020, 12-1 pm – Improving Your Webinars and Virtual Meetings | More and more meetings and training presentations are going to a virtual format. This presentation will provide you with practices to run a smooth Webinar or virtual meeting. This presentation is applicable regardless of the Webinar platform that you use. https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84708436834
Additional Learning Opportunities
There are many more learning opportunities available. Here are some others outside your selections.