If you know the words, sing along. Seriously, there are times when things are not working according to plan and you need assistance. I am going to let you know about the quickest ways to get assistance.
If you are having a problem, your very first point of contact should be the JCC Helpdesk. In many cases, the individual taking your call can help you get on track immediately. If they can’t, they will contact someone who can help you.
One important feature about the helpdesk is that they track every request for assistance. These tickets will stay open until there is a satisfactory resolution.
The helpdesk can be reached at extension 1122 or JCCHelpDesk@mail.sunyjcc.edu.
You can find links to the JCC Helpdesk off of the following pages:
MyJCC Web Page
The link can be found on the MyJCC page.
The JCC Helpdesk link can also be reached from the Blackboard site.
You can find a link on the menu bar on the top of the Blackboard page.
Requesting Student Support
Cori Dunagan is the student concierge for online courses. Within each Blackboard course, there is a link “JCC Student Support” that instructors and students can use to submit any issues students may be experiencing with their online courses.
Routine Requests for Assistance
There are also routine requests for assistance that should not necessarily go to the JCC Helpdesk such as merging a course or requesting a distance learning room for a meeting. In those cases, we have created forms to help us capture the essential information necessary to provide you with quick service.
You can find these forms on this page. These are the forms we currently have:
Distance Learning Requests
- Schedule a Set of DL Rooms. If you need to schedule a set of DL rooms for other than normal course schedules, please use this form.
- Merging Courses. If you have course sections that you wish to merge into one course, please complete this form.
- Requesting Announcement on Main Page. If you would like to have an announcement posted on the main Blackboard page, please complete this form.
- Requesting an Organization/Group. If you would like to use Blackboard as a communication platform where you can share content and messages, feel free to complete this form.
- Drop Individual from an Organization. As an organization leader, if you wish to have an individual dropped from your organization, we request that you complete this form.
- Schedule Makerspace Time. Would you like to do some work in the Jamestown Makerspace, then please schedule your time on this calendar.
Requesting Help from the TEI Team
Lastly, if you need help from a member of the TEI team (Connie, Cori, or Stan), please contact Stan Skrabut at firstname.lastname@example.org and he will arrange to have someone follow up with you.
In all the cases listed above, if you use these methods, your request for assistance will be logged and you will receive the help you are seeking.