Two weeks ago, I gave a Webinar on Improving your PowerPoint Presentations. In the presentation, I showed my method for taking content from a Beyond Bullet Points template and converting it to a PowerPoint slidedeck. In this post and video, I will outline those procedures.
With this process, I use a couple of additional templates and macros. I am sharing them here:
Here are the steps:
- Open your Word document. In the example, I open my presentation Word document created with a Beyond Bullet Points template. You could use a simple outline.
- Select the entire document. CTRL-A will select the entire document.
- Copy the selection. CTRL-C will copy the document.
- Create a blank Word document.
- Paste what is on your clipboard to the new document by Keep Text Only. Using the Paste drop-down menu from the toolbar, select the Keep Text Only option.
- Clean up the document as you desire or run the CleanPresentation macro. Instructions for adding a macro can be found the How do I print a quiz from Blackboard 9.1 post. You would have to substitute in the CleanPresentation macro.
- Save your Word document with one item on each line.
- Open PowerPoint, and start a new document with your Beyond Bullet Points template.
- Select the Home tab.
- From the New Slide drop-down menu, select the Slides from Outline… option. Note: It is towards the bottom of the list.
- Find your newly created Word file.
- Apply a layout to your slides and add notes and images as appropriate.
If you have any questions about these procedures, please drop me a note.
- SUNY JCC Webinar: Improving Your PowerPoint Presentations
- 9 Reasons Why You Should Check Out Google Slides
- Google Slides