There are times when Blackboard’s Mashup tool will not work or is not appropriate because of the video you are trying to add to your course. For example, you will not be able to find private or unlist videos in the Mashup tool. However, you can embed a video into your course content. You can do this with the HTML tool. Let me show you.
Here are the steps for embedding a video in your course. I will be using my sandbox to demonstrate this.
- Next, go to Youtube and locate the video you want to use.
- Click on the Share link below your video.
- Click on the Embed button.
- Click on the Copy button.
- Log into Blackboard and navigate to your course.
- Navigate to where you want to embed the video.
- Click on the Build Content tab and select either Item or Blank Page. In this case, I will use Item.
- Add Name.
- Select the HTML tool for the text window.
- Paste your code in the window that appears for the HTML code then click the Update button.
- Add other content or adjust other settings as appropriate.
- Click the Submit button.
Congratulations! You have now posted a video to your Blackboard course shell.