You go through all the work to add content to your Blackboard® course, it is only natural to wonder if anyone is using it. One way to achieve this goal is to track the number of views on an item. Once you have tracking turned on, you can later return to the item to see the results.
Blackboard also has a series of course reports that you can use to see how your course is being used. This set of tools can help you help make adjustments to your course. This post will provide information for both types of reports.
It is important to note that statistics will not be collected, if statistics tracking is not turned on for an item. Also, the course reports only report on the general performance of a course not specific items.
Individual Content Results
When you add content to your course, you have the option to turn on “Track Number of Views” as you create the content item, or turn “Statistics Tracking (on/off)” on. Here is a video from Purdue University that shows how to accomplish this task.
Course reports provide a wealth of information to help shape your course for your learners. Here are the reports available:
- All User Activity inside Content Areas – This report displays a summary of all user activity inside Content Areas for the course.
- Course Activity Overview – Course Activity Overview displays overall activity within a single course, sorted by student and date. Data includes the total and average time spent per user and the total amount of activity the user had in the course.
- Course Performance – This report displays information showing how a single Blackboard Learn Course performs against a selected set of goals. Performance targets and a range of acceptable performance for the course can be determined when running the report. Data includes averages for the entire course as well as break downs for individual students and goals.
- Overall Summary of User Activity – The report displays user activity for all areas of the course, as well as activity dates, times and days of the week.
- Single Course User Participation Report – Displays detailed statistics on assessment and collaboration tool submissions for all users in this course during a specified timeframe
- Student Overview for Single Course – Student Overview for Single Course displays an individual student’s activity within a course, sorted by date. Data includes the total overall time the student spent in the course as well as detailed information about the student’s activity, such as which items and Content Areas the student accessed and the time spent on each.
- User Activity in Forums – This report displays a summary of user activity in Discussion Board Forums for the course.
- User Activity in Groups – This report displays a summary of user activity in Groups for the course.
This video will provide an overview of the Course Reports as well as show how to access them.
If you have any questions about course reports, please contact us.