In the last month, the TEI team has become more involved with the onboarding of JCC faculty. During the past couple weeks, we have been drafting and implement procedures that will help make this a productive experience. Here is our process:
Human resources notifies the TEI team of a new faculty member via email. At that time, we enter the account into our systems and start tracking the progression of the training process.
Next, we send an email to the faculty member to learn more about them, specifically, what courses he/she is teaching, what platform he/she will be using, and which campus he/she is associated with. Once we receive a reply, we schedule a trainer and arrange a training date. It is, therefore, important that we receive a timely reply. Once we have an appointment we can start chasing down login information.
During our training, we will cover the following areas as appropriate to the needs of the faculty member:
- JCC Computer Training
- Smart Classroom Training
- Blackboard Training
- ITV Training
- Student Communication Tools
The JCC Computer Training specifically covers the following:
- Admin account (U-drive, printers, common drive, Outlook basics, off-campus email)
- Student portal (MyJCC, changing passwords, Google email)
- Student account (Blackboard access, MyJCC, library, Wifi, smart classroom access)
- Banner self-service (Changing password, different sections, emergency contacts, emergency alerts, leave time entry)
- Phone training
- Lynda.com training
- JCC Website overview (directories, faculty/staff resources, training resources, document repository, Tracdat, JCC branding)
- Media services (Virtual EMS)
- MSDS Online
- Copy Machine Training
- TEI Resources (Web site, resources, training opportunities)
At the end of all training, a signed copy of the JCC Computer Training document will be sent to HR.
We will continue to refine these processes, if you have suggestions, please send them to me.