A SUNY JCC faculty member asked for a method to provide audio feedback to a Blackboard assignment. Unfortunately, for our instance of Blackboard and its features we can not do this natively within Blackboard; however, I have put together a solution that does work.
This solution requires the creation of an MP3 audio file. You will upload it in the feedback section of the assignment.
Here are the steps:
- Create an assignment in Blackboard.
- Once student uploads a submission, go to the grading center and grade that attempt.
- Review the assignment submission.
- Create an MP3 file with your feedback. This can be created with Audacity or another program. Below, you can find details for using Online Voice Recorder.
- Click on the down arrow at the bottom of the Attempt section of the screen to access the feedback area.
- Click on the Insert File button to add your MP3 file.
- Upload your MP3 file.
- Add a score for the attempt, and click on the Submit button.
That is all there is to uploading an audio feedback file.
Online Voice Recorder
Here are quick instructions for using Online Voice Recorder.
- Open Online Voice Recorder in a Web browser by going to http://online-voice-recorder.com/.
- Click on the Red button to begin recording.
- Record your message.
- Click on the green Stop recording button to finish your recording.
- Click on the Save button, then click on the Click to Save button to download it to your computer.
If you have questions or know a simpler way to accomplish this task, please let me know.
- Viewedit: Send Video Feedback for Increased Engagement
- How to Access Instructor Feedback
- How Do I View My Instructor’s Comments in Blackboard?
- What are My Options for Live Video Chats?