Whether you are facing a short-term challenge or something more long-term and serious, it is possible to hold in-person classes online if necessary. We have pulled together this set of resources to help your transition to an online environment easier and quicker.
To get into Blackboard and Google applications, you will need to log in with your JCC credentials. To access the LinkedIn Learning courses, you will need to click on the LinkedIn Learning option from the MyJCC page.
In terms of technology, here are two resources you should review to ensure that you are able to work in an online environment.
If you are a JCC instructor, these resources will help you build out your courses. To gain access, go to MyJCC, click on the LinkedIn Learning button, and search for the course title.
- 💡 Blackboard 9.x Essential Training: Instructors (6h 52m) – This is a LinkedIn Learning course. You will need to first access LinkedIn Learning from the MyJCC page.
- Blackboard Learn Help for Instructors – Blackboard tutorials for common instructor questions.
- 💡 Google Drive Essential Training (1h 21m) – This is a LinkedIn Learning course to help you use Google Drive.
- 💡 Google Docs Essential Training (1h 36m) – This is a LinkedIn Learning course to help you use Google Docs.
- 💡 Learning Zoom (45m 11s) – This is a LinkedIn Learning course to help you use Zoom for class meetings. Note: The free account should satisfy your classroom needs. Renee Funke has created a wonderful set of instructions for her students on how to set up and use the free account.
- OSCQR – This set of resources will help you ensure that your online courses are learner-centered and well-designed.
Email Delivered Courses
- What is Accessibility? (AC) – (8 days)
- Accessibility for Blackboard (ABC) – (8 days)
- Accessibility for Documents (ADC) – (12 days)
- Accessibility for Video (AVC) – (7 days)
- Multimedia Learning Course (MLC) – (12 days)
- New Hire Orientation (NHO) – (13 days)
- No Stress Start-Up Course (NSS) – (5 days)
- Creating and Adopting Open Educational Resources and Textbooks – (16 days)
- Quality User Experience (QUE) Course – (18 days)
- Universal Design for Learning (UDL) Course – (14 days)
Open SUNY Web-based Course
With the TEI request forms, you can get help with these TEI services as well as request assistance from TEI:
- Schedule a Set of DL Rooms
- Merging Courses
- Copying Course Content
- Install Blackboard Template
- Requesting Announcement on Main Page
- Requesting an Organization/Group
- Drop Individual from an Organization
- Online Course Quality Review
Other Technology Training
Here are other technologies that you may find useful or essential depending upon your needs. Searching Google and YouTube may be your best option when addressing a specific question.
- Tools/Methods – A collection of learning guides on various topics.
To gain access to the LinkedIn Learning courses below, go to MyJCC, click on the LinkedIn Learning button, and search for the course title.
- Email Options
- Outlook on the web Essential Training (2h 33m) – This is a LinkedIn Learning course to help you use Outlook on the web. Our link to Outlook is https://mail.sunyjcc.edu
- Gmail Essential Training (1h 35m) – Gmail is the email system linked to Blackboard. Here is a LinkedIn Learning course to learn more.
- PowerPoint and Google Slides
- PowerPoint 2016 Essential Training (3h) – This is a LinkedIn Learning course to help you use PowerPoint.
- PowerPoint Essential Training (Office 365) (2h 19m) – This is a LinkedIn Learning course to help you use PowerPoint.
- Google Slides Essential Training (1h 4m) – This is a LinkedIn Learning course to help you use Google Slides.
- Creating and Managing a YouTube Channel (4h 25m) – This is a LinkedIn Learning course to help you use YouTube.
- Computer Literacy
- Computer Literacy for Windows 10 (2h 6m) – A LinkedIn Learning course for understanding the basics of computer use.
- Virtual Office Hours
- Virtual Office Hours Best Practices – This is a podcast episode that Stan Skrabut put together on his personal blog focusing on virtual office hours effective practices. It also contains supporting resources.