In Angel, there was a grade book wizard that walked you through setting up the grade book step by step. This wizard process is missing in Blackboard’s Gradebook so here are 5 easy steps to get your Blackboard Gradebook set up.
1. Grading Schema (setup the letter grade scale for your course)
2. Setup Categories (Blackboard has example categories so it will recognize items that will automatically be sent to the gradebook, like journals, blogs and tests. You can setup your own.
3. Column Organization (used to change the order of the columns and double-check if the number of points possible is correct. Scroll down the Help page until you see title for Column Organization)
4. Create Columns (used for entering grades for paper assignments)
5. Create Calculated Columns (used for assigning weights to categories, i.e. assignments are worth 20% of course grade, exams worth 30% etc).
Keeping these five steps in mind will help to wrangle an unruly gradebook. Need help? Contact a member of the TEI team to setup an gradebook consultation.
Once you have setup your gradebook. You may decide you want to Print Your Gradebook.