During a recent check of Blackboard, we discovered that some SUNY JCC members did not have an email address listed in Blackboard. This is because there was not a “preferred” email address listed in Banner. This will create problems when students are back and attempt to contact others through Blackboard.
At JCC, the Banner system is used to populate Blackboard. This update occurs on a regular schedule.
We would like SUNY JCC members to take the following steps to ensure a valid email address listed in Banner and subsequently in Blackboard.
- Navigate to https://banner.sunyjcc.edu
- Select the “Enter Secure Area” option.
- Log in.
- Select “Personal Information” link.
- Select “E-mail Addresses” link.
- Verify that you have an official employee address listed and that it has the word “Preferred” listed next to it.
If you are missing the email address or it is incorrect, please contact your department’s Academic Affairs Secretary. They have the ability to fix your address.