There are three ways to communicate with your students in Blackboard announcements, course messages, and email. Please keep in mind there are many areas of Blackboard that use the email feature; announcements, retention center, grade center, and the send email tool. We will look at Course Messages in this post
- This feature is an internal private communication tool. The messages stay within the course.
- The advantage of this feature is content always remains within the course.
- The disadvantage is faculty and students must go into Blackboard to view any course messages.
- Video on how to send course messages: http://ondemand.blackboard.com/r91/movies/bb91_course_tools_send_messages.htm
- Another resource is the Blackboard Essentials Training (Sep 19, 2013 version) on Lynda (http://banner.sunyjcc.edu/lynda.com). Look under Section Communicating with Your Students.