Universal Design for Learning theory recommends using various means of assessment of student understanding of course content. Adopting a multimodal assessment strategy can also decrease student plagiarism and instances of cheating. This session will cover a wide range of assessments tools that you may use as part of your multimodal assessment strategy.
- What is multimodal assessment and what is its role with UDL?
- Overview of Blackboard assessments
- Written Assessments-discussion boards, journaling, wikis, blogs, assignments
- Use of SafeAssign for Assignments
- Inline grading of assignments.
- Autograding Assessments, ie. Tests, Surveys, and Pools.
Location: HULT 154 (AV center) and LLAC 317 (If you are on the Dunkirk campus and would like to participate, please let me know so that I can make room and connection arrangements.)
Date and time:
- Monday, 6 March from Noon-1PM – Add to your calendar
- Friday, 10 March from Noon-1PM – Add to your calendar
Keep an eye out for other workshops at https://www.sunyjcc.edu/faculty-staff/training