Instagram is a photo/video social media site. Individuals can capture a photo or video, add a filter, and share the results on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, etc.
Instagram is intended to be used from a mobile device, e.g., smart phone, iPad, phone with a Web browser, etc. However, you can also check into Instagram with a computer.
A mobile device capable of installing an Instagram application.
Software for Instagram can be found at Instagram.com. This link will provide you with links to download applications for your mobile devices.
To use Instagram from a Web browser, go to Instagram.
Learning resources information
Guides and Beginner Instructions
Here are a number of great guides to help you better understand Instagram and its capabilities.
Here are a number of great ideas for using Instagram in a education environment.
- The Educator’s Guide to Instagram and Other Photo Apps
- Ten Ideas for Using Instagram in the Classroom
- 3 Ways Colleges Use Instagram
- 10 Surprising Ways to Use Instagram in the Classroom
- Using Instagram in an Educational Context
- Insta-what? Pin it where? Why should arts and cultural organizations use Instagram and Pinterest?
- Five ways libraries are using Instagram to share collections and draw public interest.
How non profits can benefit from Instagram.
- A Beginner’s Guide To Getting Your Cause on Instagram
- 15 Ways Nonprofits Can Use Instagram
- How to Use Instagram for Nonprofits
- 7 Ways Nonprofits Can Use Video on Instagram
- 5 Instagram Tips for Nonprofits
- The Ultimate Guide on How to Get More Followers on Instagram
- Power Up Your Instagram Experience With These IFTTT Recipes
- The Complete List of Top Instagram Apps
- How to show Instagram photos on screen for events
- Instaport – A simple way to save all your Instagram photos to your local hard drive.