Mind maps are a visual method for reflecting your thinking by representing ideas and relationships with lines and bubbles.
Mind maps can be created on the back of a napkin or with the use of software. In the Tools section, there are links to various PC or Mac software applications that can be used for Mind Maps.
Learning resources information
Here are a number of articles and books worth reading on the use of mind maps.
Guides and Beginner Instructions
Here are a number of great guides to help you better understand mind maps and their capabilities.
- How to Mind Map: A Beginner’s Guide
- What is Mind Mapping? (and How to Get Started Immediately)
- Learning Mind Mapping
- How to Make a Mind Map®
- Mind map – From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Here are a number of great ideas for using mind maps in a education environment.
- Mind Maps for Education
- Guest Post – LEARNING with Mind Maps – Part 1 of Mind Maps in Education Series
- Guest Post – TEACHING with Mind Maps – Part 2 of Mind Maps in Education Series
- My Mind-Mapping Classroom
- Mind-Mapping And The Digitization Of Learning
- The Students’ Guide to Mind Mapping
- Demonstration of Text vs #MindMaps in Instruction
- Mind mapping for essays – helping students organise their thoughts
- Teaching Creativity – The Case for Mind Mapping
- Creating Mind Maps in Google Draw
- Creative Training Techniques 101: The Basics
Mind Map Collections
Here are collections of mind maps to help give you ideas.
Here are a number of mind mapping software tools.
- 15 Great Mindmapping Tools and Apps
- 40 Ultimate Useful Mind Mapping Tools
- Great Mind Mapping Apps for iPad
- 10 Tools For Mind Mapping Ideas
- 24 Essential Mind Mapping and Brainstorming Tools
Uses for Mind Maps
Here are a number of great ideas for using mind maps.
- A Beginner’s Guide to Mind Mapping Meetings
- Mind Maps: A powerful approach to note-taking
- Information Tamers – Mind Maps
Here is a collection of videos that will help you understand and use the mind mapping.