Pinterest is a social bookmarking site that uses imagery. “Pinterest allows you to organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. You can browse pinboards created by other people to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share your interests.” 
Within Pinterest, you have boards that are typically devoted to a specific theme. On these boards, you would “pin” an image that you wish to share with others. The image must be available on the Web, and when clicking on an image from your pinboard, you will be taken back to that specific Web site.
Pinterest will operate on both a Mac or PC, as well as an iPad or mobile phone.
The only equipment needed is a computer, smart phone, or iPod with a Web browser.
Access to Pinterest is accomplished through a Pinterest toolbar on a Web-browser.
Pinterest can be reached at the following Website:
You can also access Pinterest on the iPad with the Pinterest application.
Learning resources information
Here are a number of great guides to help you better understand Pinterest and its capabilities.
- Pinterest Help
- Pinterest Guide
- Pinterest: A Beginner’s Guide to the Hot New Social Network
- Pinterest: Everything You Need To Know Is In This Massive Post
- Everything you need to know about Pinterest
- The Ultimate Pinterest Guide For Photographers
- Pinterest Tips — A Tutorial Guide for Beginners
- Pinterest: A Beginner’s Guide
Here are some tips on how Pinterest is used in an education environment.
- Pinterest and Education
- In The Pinterest Of Education
- 37 Ways Teachers Should Use Pinterest
- 16 Ways Educators Use Pinterest
- The Pinterest Guide for Teachers
- 37 Ways Teachers Can Use Pinterest In The Classroom
- Pinterest for teachers
- Using Pinterest in Higher Ed
- Bloom’s Taxonomy
Here are a number of brands and organizations using Pinterest.
- Pinterest Part V: 100+ Brands on Pinterest
- 30 Inspiring Pinterest Pins for Teachers
- 41 Great Examples of Pinterest Brand Pages
- The 10 Best Pinterest Boards About eLearning
Here are different ideas for using Pinterest.
- 12 Most Poppin’ Ways to Get Started on @Pinterest
- 5 Ways to Use Pinterest as a Community Building Tool
- 10 Pinterest Ideas With SEO Benefits
- Drumming up Pinterest in your brand, business, school, or cause: 9 smart steps
- Pinterest for L&D
Here are a few video tutorials to get you started.