Screencasting is the capturing of a computer output to demonstrate a process or procedure. The screencast can be narrated with audio.
In order to capture a screencast, you will need computer with screen capture software.
The only equipment needed is a computer.
There are many different types for capturing screencasts. These vary in capability and price.
- Comparing 12 Free Screencasting Tools
- 12 Screencasting Tools For Creating Video Tutorials
- Screencasting Apps for the iPad
Learning resources information
Guides and Beginner Instructions
Here are a number of great guides to help you better understand screencasting.
- Screencasting: How To Start, Tools and Guidelines
- Screencasting Toolkit
- Five Steps to Creating Effective Screencasts
- A practical guide to creating learning screencasts: part 1
- A practical guide to creating learning screencasts: part 2 – creating all-in-one-take screencasts
- Step 1 – Planning Your Screencast
- Step 2 – Useful Hardware for Creating A Successful Screencast
- Step 3 – Setting Up Your System Ready to Create a Screencast
- Step 4 – Screen & Audio Recording Hints and Tips
- Step 5 – Editing Your Screencast
- Screencasting Tips and Best Practices
- Creating a PowerPoint Screencast Using Camtasia Studio
- Screencasting: From Script to Screen
- Lynda.com – Screencasting Fundamentals
Here are a number of great ideas for using screencasting in an education environment.
- Save Time and Teach Better with Screencasting
- Using iPad Screencasting for Feedback and Assessment
- 6 Ideas for Screencasting in the Classroom
Here are ideas for using green screen technology in your videos.
- How to Use a Green Screen with Veescope
- Remove a Color (Green Screen)
- How to create a DIY green screen video effect (aka chroma key)
- Green Screen by Do Ink (iPad app)
- Portable Mini Green-Screen….
Here are some methods for using your Smartphone, iPad or iPhone to screencast.
- How to Record Screencast Videos on your iPad or iPhone
- How to Record Your iPad Screen
- Connecting Your Mobile Device
- 13 Tips for Recording Your iPhone, iPad, or iPod
- 3 Simple Ways to Record iPad Screen and Create Educational Screencasts
Here are different services for storing screencasts:
Scripting and Storyboarding
Here are different services for writing better scripts and storyboards:
Here are some technical tips for improving your screencasts
- How to Remove Background Noise From Your Screencast Audio
- Here’s a Simple Screencasting Tip That Will Save Time & Frustration
- Creating interactive online video using YouTube
- Animations & Effects
- How to Record Skype and Google Hangout Video Calls
- Video Table of Contents
- How to Add Music to a Video
- Advanced Screencasting: Editing Narration in Audacity Tutorial
Tips for Better Screencasts
It is one thing to make a screencast, it is another thing to do it well. These links provide tips for doing it well.
- Make The Perfect Screencast With These 6 Great Tips
- How to Create Screencasts You Can Be Proud Of
- Most Common Mistakes in Screencasting
- Screencasting: Screencast Video Tips From TechSmith – Look To Hollywood
- 59 Tips for Creating Engaging Screencasts
- Dozens of Tips & Techniques for Creating High Quality Engaging Screencasts
Here is a collection of videos that will help you understand and using various screencasting applications.