Zotero is a stand alone program as well as a plug-in for common Web browsers. it serves as a citation and bibliography manager. If you do research and must cite resources, this is then an invaluable tool.
Zotero will help you collect, manage, cite, and share research.
Zotero works with Windows, Mac and Linux.
Zotero will allow you to access your research resources from a Web browser.
Zotero is available for use on a PC, Mac, or Linux computer.
If you wish to integrate Zotero with Microsoft Word, you can install the Word for Windows plug-in. Here are installations instructions as well as a link to the plug-in download.
Learning resources information
Key Web links
Guides and Beginner Instructions
Here are a number of great guides to help you better understand Twitter and its capabilities.
- Zotero Quick Start Guides
- Zotero – third party documentation
- Princeton Theological Seminary – Zotero Tutorial (PDF)
Saving Citations and Adding Resources
- Georga State University Library Research Guides – Collecting References: Books and Articles
- University of Missouri – Adding Items to Zotero
- Pitts Theology Library – Adding Materials
- Managing Bibliographies with OpenOffice.org and Zotero
- How to Clip, Sort, and Cite the Entire Web with Zotero
- Zotero – Collections
- Zotero – Tags
- Pitts Theology Library – Organizing materials
- Get organised with colour-coded tags in Zotero
- Georga State University Library Research Guides – Creating Your Bibliography: Straight From Zotero
- Pitts Theology Library – Citation
Synchronizing Zotero is essential if you use more than one computer to do research.
- Georga State University Library Research Guides – Zotero Sync
- Two Easy Ways To Synchronize Zotero Data Explains how to use DropBox as a method for synchronizing your data.
Zotero also has a capability to allow you to collaborate with others on research projects.
Take a moment and update your preferences in Zotero to provide a much richer experience.
Importing and Exporting
With Zotero, you are able to import and export your references to and from various programs.
Zotero Tips and Tricks
Here are a number of assorted tips and tricks to get he most out of Zotero.
- Georga State University Library Research Guides – Excellent Zotero Tricks
- University of Missouri – Troubleshooting
- 12 must know Zotero tips and techniques